Sioux develops and produces state-of-the-art technology for the top end of the international high-tech community. Examples include a complex lithography machine, a compact electron microscope, a smart home automation system or an electric self-charging car. We raise the bar high and we often achieve the impossible. We do so together, as a team of enthusiastic electronics, software, mechanics, mechatronics and mathematics specialists.
Physics plays a central role in many Sioux projects, therefore, we are looking for an experienced applied physicist who can on the one hand contribute to the understanding of fundamental processes by modelling and performing experiments and on the other hand contribute to the design and realization of innovative high-tech systems. Fields of interest include optics, electron and x-ray physics, contamination, (ultra-)high vacuum and thermal design.
Your daily activities include:
- participate in the entire product creation process from technology proof and concept phase to industrialization.
- work on one or more projects at the same time and projects can take up to two years.
- translate the wishes of the customer into system requirements.
- play an important role in the choice of concept solutions: you know which solutions already exist, but you are also able to come up with new concepts if necessary. In this, you already take into account the manufacturability and maintainability of the product.
- make functional models and test setups and if necessary, you are not afraid to pick up a screwdriver.
- at the end of the project you support in verification of the design and the transfer to production.
As a Senior Applied Physicist, you are a Jake of all trades and you have excellent communication skills, both with internal stakeholders but also towards customers and suppliers. With your experience, you help to further expand the Physics & Optics group. In the design process, you guide colleagues from other fields to further develop and realize the design based on sound physical understanding. You are also able to guide junior engineers in their projects and coach them to further develop their (technical) talents.
Your future workplace
This is what we are looking for
- a completed academic degree (MSc or PhD) in physics
- a broad and sound physical knowledge and understanding
- excellent modelling, experimental and analytical problem-solving skills
- extensive experience in the design of high-tech systems, preferably in one or more field of interest to Sioux.
- experience in the design of one-offs as well as series production including industrialization
- a talent to think on helicopter level as well as detailed level in combination with an excellent sense of priorities.
- a creative mind that can think beyond the usual solutions and find the best solutions for our customers
- a broad view of technology, with an eye on improvements in quality and working methods
- a customer and solution-oriented approach
- a proactive and enterprising attitude
- excellent communication skills
- the will to continuously learn and develop yourself
This is what we offer
Our employees are our strength, and together we want to get the maximum out of it. That starts by offering attractive terms and conditions of employment that are in line with your needs. According to our employees, the personal attention at Sioux makes the difference. And that’s something we’re proud of. After all, to us, success is more than just a good salary. It's also about being appreciated, about being given responsibility and the ability to develop yourself.
You can expect:
- Internal training, coaching and a large personal development budget of 6,000 euro per year
- Varied work due to variety in technologies, markets and projects
- Good salary and attractive fringe benefits
- Flexible working hours of 32- 40 hrs per week in a healthy mix of working from home or at the office
- An open culture focused on working together, learning and having fun
- An innovative working environment
- A pizza budget, so you can work on innovative developments in one of our expertise groups