Sioux Technologies develops and produces state-of-the-art technology for the top end of the international high-tech community. Examples include a complex lithography machine, a compact electron microscope, a smart home automation system or an electric self-charging car. We raise the bar high, and we often achieve the impossible. We do so together, as a team of enthusiastic electronics, software, mechanics, mechatronics, physics, and mathematics specialists.
Optics plays a central role in many Sioux projects, therefore, we intent to expand our team with an experienced optical designer who can guide the entire product creation process from concept phase to industrialization. You work on one or more projects at the same time and projects can take up to two years. As a senior you translate the wishes of the customer into system requirements. You play an important role in the choice of concept solutions: you know which solutions already exist, but you are also able to come up with new concepts if necessary. You convert these concepts into designs using optical design tools like Zemax.
In this, you already take into account the manufacturability and reliability of the product. You make functional models and test setups and if necessary, you are not afraid to pick up a screwdriver. At the end of the project you are responsible for the verification of the design and the transfer to production.
With some regularity, also non-optical physics issues occur and your knowledge as a broadly educated physicist is needed. As a senior, you have excellent communication skills, both with internal stakeholders but also towards customers and suppliers. With your experience, you help to further expand the Physics & Optics group. In the design process, you guide colleagues from other fields to further develop and realize your design. You are also able to guide junior engineers in their projects and coach them to further develop their (technical) talents.
Your future workplace
Your Experience• A completed academic degree (or preferably a PhD) in physics
• Extensive experience in the design of optical systems and products, which must include imaging / machine vision applications
• Experience in design of optical systems for series production
• Experience in the systems (integration) aspects of optical (sub) systems including opto-mechanics, tolerance analysis, metrology and calibration
• Up-to-date knowledge of optical design
• A talent to think on helicopter level as well as detailed level in combination with an excellent sense of priorities
• A creative mind that can think beyond the usual solutions and find the best solutions for our customers
• A sound physical knowledge and understanding, also outside the field of optics
• A broad view of technology, with an eye on improvements in quality and working methods
• A customer and solution-oriented approach
• A pro active and enterprising attitude
• Excellent communication skills
• The will to continuously learn and develop yourself
Our CultureOur employees are our strength, and together we want to get the maximum out of it. That starts by offering attractive terms and conditions of employment that are in line with your needs. According to our employees, the personal attention at Sioux makes the difference. And that’s something we’re proud of. After all, to us, success is more than just a good salary. It's also about being appreciated, about being given responsibility and the ability to develop yourself.
You can expect:
• Internal training, coaching and a large personal development budget of 6,000 euro per year
• Varied work due to variety in technologies, markets and projects
• Good salary and attractive fringe benefits
• Flexible working hours of 32- 40 hrs per week in a healthy mix of working from home or at the office
• An open culture focused on working together, learning and having fun
• An innovative working environment