Sioux Technologies creates advanced software for the high-tech industry, closely aligned with increasingly complex equipment and applications, and the ever-higher requirements they must meet. The challenge from testing point of view is to reach the right quality as soon as possible
Your responsibilities as a Software Test Designer are as follows:
Definition and Automation of Test Cases:
- Creating comprehensive and precise test cases based on the defined test strategy and requirements.
- Investigate, analyze, and challenge the requirements.
- Automating test cases to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Proficiency in test automation tools and frameworks, including BDD concepts and the Gherkin language.
Execution of Test Cases:
- Performing both manual and automated testing to validate software functionality and performance.
- Thoroughly documenting test results and promptly reporting any defects.
Defect Reporting and Collaboration:
- Collaborating with software development teams to analyze and troubleshoot reported defects.
- Providing detailed defect reports and supporting information to aid in efficient bug resolution.
- Tracking defects to closure.
Test Environment and Infrastructure Management:
- Taking responsibility to manage and maintain test environments and infrastructure.
- Ensuring the availability of necessary resources for testing activities
- Integrating test automation solutions into the CICD pipeline.
Contribution to Test Strategy:
- Understanding the software architecture and the underlying development and interface technologies.
- Identifying opportunities for test automation.
- Contributing to the definition of the overall test strategy.
- Contributing to the improvement roadmap and management alignment.
- Helping to present plans and convince stakeholders
- Being involved in large-scale product development, overarching multiple projects and departments.
- Being involved in multi-disciplinary projects and understanding the different domains.
- Continuous Learning and Knowledge Sharing:
- Staying up to date with the latest advancements and trends in testing methodologies and technologies.
- Sharing your knowledge and experience with team members to promote continuous improvement within the test competence.
Our employees are the best source, if you want to know what it’s like to work at Sioux. Read their testimonials on why Dennis and Bryan chose for Sioux Technologies.
Your future workplace
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or related field.
- You have at least 5-10 years of experience in software development within technical domains such as Semicon, Analytical or Medical.
- Strong understanding of software architecture and familiarity with various development and interface technologies.
- Demonstrated expertise as a software test engineer with a track record in defining test cases, executing tests, and reporting defects within multi-disciplinary environments where software interfaces with disciplines such as mechanics and electronics.
- Experience in one or more widely used programming and scripting languages, particularly Python, C++, or C#
- Experience in test automation tools and frameworks, preferably including BDD concepts and the Gherkin language.
- Knowledgeable in CICD pipelines and associated tools.
- ISTQB certified at the advanced level or demonstrate a willingness to progress from the foundation level.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Effective communication and collaboration abilities.
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership and a drive for continuous learning.
This is Sioux
Our employees are our strength and together we want to achieve the maximum. That is why we invest a lot in our employees, through generous development budgets and personal attention. According to our employees, this is what makes the difference at Sioux. We are proud of that. For us, success is more than just a good salary: it is also about feeling valued, getting responsibilities, and to be able continuously develop oneself.
- Internal training, coaching, and a generous development budget of 6,000 euros per year
- Varied work due to the diversity in technologies, markets, and projects
- Competitive salary and attractive secondary employment conditions
- Flexible working hours of 32-40 hours per week, a combination of working from home and in the office
- An open culture that focuses on collaboration, learning, and having fun
- An innovative work environment