Sioux develops and produces state-of-the-art technology for the top end of the international high-tech community. Examples include a complex lithography machine, a compact electron microscope, a smart home automation system or an electric self-charging car. We raise the bar high and we often achieve the impossible. We do so together, as a team of enthusiastic electronics, software, mechanics, mechatronics and mathematics specialists.
The foundation of our projects is mechanical, but the systems are set in motion by electrical engineering. The energy for the actuators often must be dosed very precisely and the currents must not cause interference with the (direct) environment and certainly not with the sensitive sensors. You are ultimately responsible for the electrical layout of a system or product. This means that you can indicate in headlines whether the chosen components (including specially developed electronic subsystems) together will deliver the intended functionality. In your role you are not only close to the implementation form of the controller, but you are also able to indicate the broad outline of the required software. You regularly work with embedded software engineers and practice model-bases system engineering using advanced tooling.
What does our department look like?
The Mechatronics department consists of experts within disciplines such as mechanics, electronics, (opto) physics and (embedded) software. They contribute to the development of systems that are used in the semiconductor, healthcare and industrial printing markets. In our projects our mechatronic specialists have leading technical responsibilities in the development processes. In close corporation with our customers the department is able to make a system design specification. And in succession they then translate this into technical interpretations for each discipline and/ or detailed purchasing requirements for suppliers and/ or co-developers. The department uses advanced design tools such as NX, Teamcenter, MathWorks, 20-SIM, Zemax, Altium. In the product creation process, "Model Based System Engineering" is chosen as much as possible. Furthermore, (advanced) control technology plays a central part in many of our projects.
You daily works brings:
- A diversity of multidisciplinary high-tech projects
- The freedom to come up with original, creative solutions
- Product development from idea to functional product
- International cooperation with customers and sister companies
- Varied activities due to a diversity in technologies, markets and projects
- A direct collaboration with customer and partners
- Personal commitment, involvement and expertise with highly trained technical specialists/ colleagues divided over different disciplines like physics, mechanics, electrical / electronics, optics and software.
Your future workplace
This is what we're looking for
- A completed academic education in mechatronics, preferably with a pre educational base in electrical engineering with a broadening in adjacent mechanical-dynamic, optical and software disciplines
- At least 5 years of experience in multidisciplinary product development
- Good communicative skills
- Interest and preferably experience with model-based system engineering
- A broad technological view and (preferably a lot of) experience in control technology
- A customer and solution-oriented approach
This is what we offer
Our employees are our strength, and together we want to get the maximum out of it. That starts by offering attractive terms and conditions of employment that are in line with your needs. According to our employees, the personal attention at Sioux makes the difference. And that’s something we’re proud of. After all, to us, success is more than just a good salary. It's also about being appreciated, about being given responsibility and the ability to develop yourself.
This is what you can expect from us:
- Internal training, coaching and a large personal development budget of 6,000 euro per year
- Varied work due to variety in technologies, markets and projects
- Good salary and attractive fringe benefits
- Flexible working hours of 32- 40 hrs per week in a healthy mix of working from home or at the office
- An open culture focused on working together, learning and having fun
- An innovative working environment
- A pizza budget, so you can work on innovative developments in one of our expertise groups